CMA CGM has upgraded its Ethiopian services, thanks to new strategic calls added on its Mediterranean Express (MEX) and Red Sea Express (REX) services, as well as the development of its intermodal offer between Djibouti and Ethiopia.
CMA CGM links Ethiopia to Djibouti and strengthens inland transportation solutions
A large majority of cargo destined for the landlocked Ethiopian market transits through the Djibouti Dolareh Container Terminal.
In order to answer CMA CGM clients’ needs, the Group has developed its Ethiopian intermodal transportation solutions by serving six key inland destinations – Addis Ababa, Mekele, Nefas Meewcha, Gibe, Shashemene and Jinga – in partnership with reliable local stakeholders.
Djibouti gateway links Ethiopia market to Asia, Europe and Middle East with new calls on MEX1 and REX2 services
CMA CGM adds a new Djibouti call on both its MEX1 and REX2 services directly linking the country to Asian, European and Middle Eastern markets. Djibouti is the natural main gateway for Ethiopia, one of the most economically promising countries in the Horn of Africa.
A new call in Djibouti has been added on Asia to South Europe MEX1 line, on March 18:
- Djibouti is directly linked to Ho Chi Mink (Vietnam) and Qingdao (China)
- CMA CGM offers the best transit times on the market from Asia, linking Ningbo to Djibouti in 17 days only
- Djibouti is now linked to Malta. Thanks to transshipment offer in this major CMA CGM hub, transport solutions are provided to the US, Northern Europe and the Mediterranean
- 12 9,400 to 11,400 TEU-capacity vessels are deployed on the following rotation: Valencia, Barcelona, Fos sur Mer, Malta, Damietta, Beirut, Jeddah, Jebel Ali, Port Kelang, Xiamen, Qingdao, Shanghai, Ningbo, Nansha, Yantian, Ho Chi Minh, Port Kelang, Djibouti, Malta and Valencia.
Djibouti is served on the Asia to Red Sea REX2 service, since March 15:
- The new call in Djibouti ensures Ethiopian sesame exports to Asia, and the development of Red Sea trades
- Eight 8,200 to 9,900 TEU-capacity vessels are deployed on the following rotation: Shanghai, Ningbo, Kaosiung, Shekou, Singapour, Jeddah, Ain Sukhna, Aqaba, Jeddah, Djibouti, Port Kelang, Singapour and Shanghai.