The Uniroyal brand has launched six commercial truck tyres in the US market, providing an affordable offer for every tyre position and application — from long-haul to regional to on-/off- road.
Two of the tyres, Uniroyal RS20 and Uniroyal LS24, are SmartWay-verified and meet the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) requirements for outstanding fuel efficiency.
“We are pleased to bring the Uniroyal brand, which has been in the US passenger and light truck market for over 120 years, to the US commercial truck market,” said Donna Murphy, Business Segment Manager for Uniroyal Commercial Truck Tyres. “Uniroyal truck tyres provide affordable, reliable solutions for commercial truck operators.”
DuraShield construction, at the heart of every Uniroyal tyre, provides a unique combination of features for durability, dependability and retreadability. Three strategic features — including pyramidal steel belts, insulating belt edge strips and a heavy gauge inner liner — work together to reduce stress, promote endurance and protect the tyre’s casing. Uniroyal commercial truck tyres are backed by a four-year manufacturer’s limited warranty. Certain tyres used in long-haul and regional applications are also covered by a one-retread limited warranty.
The new Uniroyal line consists of six tread designs with 28 sizes:
- Uniroyal LS24: SmartWay-verified long-haul all-position tyre optimised for the steer axle
- Uniroyal LT40: Long-haul and regional trailer tyre
- Uniroyal RS20: SmartWay-verified regional all-position tyre optimised for the steer axle
- Uniroyal RD30: Regional and long-haul drive tyre
- Uniroyal HS50: On-/off -road all-position tyre optimised for the steer axle
- Uniroyal HD60: On-/off-road drive tyre