Daifuku’s control division Contec has launched a family of monitoring and control systems specifically designed for the automotive sector.
Daifuku, which specialises in automated handling systems for carmakers, has launched a new range of IoT/M2M solutions that enable manufacturers to take their first steps into the world of Industry 4.0.
Called Conprosys, the family of IoT solutions enables manufacturers to remotely monitor and control a wide variety of processes – including welding, lineside logistics, condition monitoring and even colour quality management systems. The series supports international standard OPC etiquettes and other industrial protocols that allow systems to communicate with other vendor software.
Comprising an M2M Controller series, M2M Gateway series, Cloud-based data service and a PAC series of products, Conprosys enables vehicle manufacturers to benefit from the proven quality and efficiency savings achieved by IoT adoption, without significant capital expenditure. Daifuku and Contec engineers report that most IoT/M2M installations deliver ROI (return on investment) within two years.
Using the Conprosys suite of solutions, OEMs can rapidly deploy technology to deliver the following functionality:
- Data transmission – From M2M controller to cloud server
- Supports OPC UA standard – Conprosys controller / OPC UA server can easily link to SCADA HMI
- Signal input and output – Conprosys supports a wide range of equipment with interfaces for analogue and digital signal input/output
- 3G / 920MHz communication – total, seamless connectivity.
- Modbus master – Easily configure, measure and monitor data with up to 30 different communication devices
- PLC master – Easily connect to a variety of PLC devices to collect and monitor data
- Monitoring – Browser-based graphical interface to create custom monitoring screens
- Task scripting – Conprosys uses a browser-based graphical interface for programming. Scripting language is also supported.
Specifically, in the automotive field, Conprosys is already helping engineers to make improvements in the following areas:
Monitoring engine handler robots – using a Conprosys DAQ solution device, this approach detects signs of potential breakdown, through waveform analysis, proving a low-cost efficiency improvement solution
Condition monitoring of manufacturing plant – a Conprosys M2M gateway provides a vital link between existing PLCs and data collection/analysis tools. This significantly improves the quality of plant monitoring, while reducing labour cost.
A preventative maintenance system for a tyre manufacturing facility – with no need to convert the existing infrastructure, the Conprosys DAQ solution operates in conjunction with sensors to provide a complete failure diagnosis system.
Facility monitoring system for assembly plant – In this instance, a Conprosys M2M gateway provides the link that enables engineering managers to monitor facility operations via smartphone or tablet remotely. Without the need for large-scale systems, this lowers the cost of investment required to maintain world-class plant operation.